Monday, August 22, 2005

Greetings from the Wiley Dog

Hey Everybody! Wiley dog here. As far as I know, I'm the oldest living dachshund to date. My birthday is July 17, 1976. Yes, that's 29 in human years!I will have my story up later in the week, so please be patient with my typing paws.

My Aunt Maryee told me that she asked folks to pray for me concerning my situation. I told her I wanted to leave updates for people as I saw fit, so she set up this blogger for me to communicate to nice doxie lovers. Always check back so you can learn more about my story and me. You’ll be pleased.

I found out I had something called Heartworms. Click here to learn more about this disease. Here's a picture the Vet lady let my Aunt Maryee take so we'd all know and understand what's going on with my heart:






First, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I had the first of two injections this morning at the vet’s. When my Mom took me in, I was shaking like a leaf while she was holding me in her arms. I don’t know why, probably because the last time I was in that joint, they stuck me with a needle and stole my blood without my permission. Criminals I say! I later found out it was it was to find out why I was coughing and driving myself and the family crazy. I know Aunt Maryee told you, I have heartworms. The nice Dr. lady gave me last week a chewy tablet called Heartguard plus, I think. I thought it was some forbidden chocolate so I took advantage of the opportunity and downed it in two or three big chews. Little did I know it was the key to killing those nasty baby heartworms that were doing major damage to my heart.

The horse needle shot I got today in my back was a doozy! That was, as I was told, to begin the process of killing the adult heartworms. Let me tell you, I was ready for the needle this time. I didn’t even flinch! Ha! Well, actually, I got a pain killer in my mouth which I was deceived again to believe I was getting some type of slurpy juice treat. Sooo, that may have been the reason for the numbness during the shot procedure. I still handled it like I man, I say! The Vet told my Aunt Maryee my back would be sore but I walked right out that office with my head held high! I even did my business to show my appreciation for the Vet’s services on their lawn. One act of kindness deserves another, I always say.

After I arrived home with Mom, I guess the pain killer hadn’t worn off, cause I treated my trip to the Vet like any other day, you know nosing around in the yard and then trotting in the house to take a midday nap.

Mom had to leave which left Aunt Jen in charge. She has a weak stomach so wasn’t too happy when she found a puddle of some slimy mucous stuff by the computer. Yep, I had a, what do they call it, diverse reaction to the shot. I can't seem to remember which end it came out of. Humm?? I managed to puke by the doorway of her room for emphasis. Aunt Jen will be just fine.

After that, I was tuckered as all get out. I found my way to my bed and there I remained for the rest of the day. I whimpered inwardly (can let em’ see a grown man cry) and just laid around all day to see if I could get past the pain. The pain reliever had worn off by late evening. All I could do was sleep and lie still so as to not make it any worse. When Mom returned she tried to get me to go out to do my business, but man, I just couldn’t do it. I got up and made it as far as the front door and then changed my mind. I turned around and went back to bed.

When Aunt Mary and Jen came in after 9:30pm, I was back to normal and happy to see Aunt Maryee because she had been gone all day. I know she was thinking about me and praying for me like everyone else who said they would. I could feel it. My senses are just that keen. I haven’t been doing that hacking coughing stuff since the injection, so I hope and pray myself that that doesn’t ever return. I was in pain and could not control all that. I kept Aunt Maryee and myself up for a few nights too many with all that noise. I am thankful she endured it.

Well, Mom will be taking me to the Vet to get shot number two in the morning. The appointment is at 9:30am, so prayer warriors, start your praying now, please. I am heading to bed and am pretty tired from the day’s events. Thanks again for your prayers and support.

When my Aunt Maryee lists the beautiful pictures of me to help with my fundraiser, please help out and buy a couple of pictures. Who knows, they may be worth a lot of money one day!

Much barking love,

Wiley Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment